Microsoft SQL Server 2022 is the most Azure-enabled release of SQL Server yet*, with continued innovation across performance, security, and availability.
- Integrates with Azure Synapse Link and Microsoft Purview to drive deeper insights, predictions, and governance from their data at scale
- Most secure database over the last 10 years per NIST**
- Fully integrated with the new link feature in Azure SQL Managed Instance***
- New and enhanced features, including Ledger and Query Store hints
- Next generation Intelligent Query Processing features in the database engine to accelerate performance with no code changes
- Time-series database support
- New JSON functions to increase ability to query and manipulate JSON data
The following memory and processor requirements apply to all editions of SQL Server:
|SQL Server requires a minimum of 6 GB of available hard drive space.
Disk space requirements vary with the SQL Server components you install. For more information, see Hard Disk Space Requirements later in this article. For information on supported storage types for data files, see Storage Types for Data Files.
|SQL Server requires Super-VGA (800×600) or higher resolution monitor.
|Internet functionality requires Internet access (fees can apply).
Express Editions: 512 MB
All other editions: 1 GB
Express Editions: 1 GB
All other editions: At least 4 GB and should be increased as database size increases to ensure optimal performance.
|Minimum: x64 Processor: 1.4 GHz
Recommended: 2.0 GHz or faster
|x64 Processor: AMD Opteron, AMD Athlon 64, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium IV with EM64T support